Saturday, September 4, 2010

Winter Wonderland - Santa Slackers Challange

Over on the Cricut Message Board Daveshunny and JoySikes are having the Santa Slackers Challange. (Click here to go to the challange) The challange is to make a Christmas card using the Winter Woodland cartridge and Card Patterns Sketch 77. It was also supposed to be a 5.5" square card. Well I made mine an A2 (4.25 x 5.5) because I don't really make square cards very often.

For my card I only used the Winter Woodland for the words "Winter Wonderland". I used Christmas Noel solutions cartridge for the Ribbon/ivy/tag thing (sorry don't know what else I should call it...lol) and the snow flakes. This ribbon I used is brown felt with the stiching already on it. It was actually clearenced with Valentine ribbons at Michael's back in February/March. This is the first time I used it even though I really, really like it. I punched a tiny hole in snow flakes so i could attach to the ribbon with these tiny, tiny brads.

I really love how this card turned out. I think I may just make a few more of them and send out to my favorite family members this year. Shh...don't tell 'em.

Thanks for poppin' over,
Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment