Thursday, September 9, 2010

Papercraft Star Challange #12

So Wednesday I had a wonderful comment from Beth over at the Papercraft Star blog. She suggested that I try out the challanges over at the Papercraft Star blog. Well I've been getting into challanges lately so I popped over and checked the blog out. Sounds like a wonderful challange this week and I've never tried this type of challange. It is a Photo Inspiration Challange.

I decided to go with the colors in the picture. I used a brown and cream background since I think of brown when I see coffee (my mom always adds milk and sugar...lol) and the cup looked like an off white to me. I incorporated blue since the christmas ornaments (???) in the picture are blue. Finally the Sentiment I used a paper that was similar to the cake. I wished I didn't have to make a Sympathy card, but unfortunately life gets in the way sometimes.


I used Wild Card for "With Sympathy" and the frame surrounding it and Home Accents for the branch and flowers. The inside sentiment is a stamp I purchased at Hobby Lobby.

Thanks for stopping by!

Valerie

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad Beth encouraged you to stop by Papercraft Star - this is a lovely card ! Aren't the photo inspired challenges fun ? Hope to see you again next week at Papercraft Star, Valerie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just so darn glad that you decided to join us for the challenge here at Papercraft Star this week! This card you've done totally ROCKS! I'm glad the photo inspiration is something new for you... I think it's fantastic when we just throw caution to the wind and try something out of our comfort zone! I'll be looking forward to seeing a lot more of you at Papercraft Star in the future too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you joined us at Papercraft Star! The card is jus beautiful! I really looking forward to seeing more of your work at Papercraft Star!! Come onto the forum and intoduce yourself, we'd love to get to know you!

    ReplyDelete