Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Quilt Update

So this quilt I'm making is going to be a queen size which the pattern calls for 90 of the flying geese. I chose 6 colors to be alternated in each column. So now my son says he doesn't like the look of them being alternated. He asks "Can't you make each column 1 color?". Well of course I can, but it calls for 5 columns of 18 geese. I've only made 16 of each of the six colors. So I think I will either just make the columns shorter and the borders larger or use the 6th color as the last two geese per column...Putting 1 at the top and 1 at the bottom.

So for now I finished the 2 blue columns (well the sixteen geese...lol) on Monday. Tuesday I finished the two red columns, the tan column and the green column. Now I can layout all the columns and see if I would like the green column or the tan. I guess I can always make the quilt to have six columns... Oh what to do? what to do?

My son can be a ham when he wants to be. He just wouldn't get out of the way so I could take the picture of the red columns. I hate that green head band he wears. Well anyway...The reds in the picture look like they are the same but one is more of a brick red and looks like wood siding, the other doesn't. Guess I should have taken a close-up but too late now. Plus I'm not sure about the green column. I don't remember why I used two different greens. I will have to look in my stash and see if I have more of either one and change it.

Thanks for stopping by,
Valerie

1 comment:

  1. Awesom job...They all look so uniform. Can't wait to see what it will look like when it's done.
    And...yah...what's up with the green band? (I see people wearing head bands around and they're not even working out?)

    ReplyDelete