Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Gifts - Card Sets

So for the girls at work this year I decided to make each of them a card set. I took the week of Thanksgiving off to use up my vacation time (I get Thursday and Friday as paid Holidays, so I only had to use 3 vacation days {smiley face} to get the whole week off). I spent a good 2 and 1/2 days working on these.

I made the box from Bags, Tags, Boxes and More. I had to tweek the matchbox cut to fit my cards better. I also used the Creative Memories Cheerful Seasons cartridge for the box decoration. I soooo love this flower!

The cards are made slightly smaller than an A2 card. I usually make my own cardbase and buy A2 envys from Staples. But since I was making so many cards (4 per set and I made 16 sets) I cheated and bought 2 packages of premade cardbases w/ envys. They were on sale at Hobby Lobby for $4.99 a package of 50. I could not beat this price. Anyway, they were only 4" x 5" if I remember correctly. The DP were all from DCWV Linen Closet collection and the solid paper/card stock were all the 09-10 Stampin' Up In Color. The ribbons were also the Stampin' Up 09-10 In Colors except for the hot pink ribbon which was from Michael's. Most of the cuts were also from the Creative Memories Cheerful Seasons Cartridge.

Box and Cards
Card #1 (my personnal fav)

Card #2

Card #3

Card #4

Sorry such a long post. I will be posting some of the other card variations that I did as part of the sets at a later time.
Thanks for Looking,
Valerie

1 comment:

  1. Great set of cards...so many lovely flowers!!!
    LOVE the box too, makes for a great set :)

    ReplyDelete