Thursday, July 16, 2009

My own personnal challange

I currently have 31 cricut cartridges (not nearly as many as a would perfer to have). But I find that many of the images are not being used. Some I would probably not use unless I was forced to do so. So I have issued a challange to myself. First I have temporily numbered my cartidges 1 to 31. Then I went on line and used a random number generator to randomly choose which of the 31 cartidges I would use. Also each cartridge has 50 different buttons/images, so again I went to the random generator to choose which one I would use for my card.

So for my first personnal challange the random generator picked the "M" from All Mixed Up. Because this mostly is a font cartidge I used the random generator to pick a second cartidge and image. The second one was the Lady Bug from Walk in My Garden.

So this is what I went with. A girl at work (could you guess her name is Mary??) has a birthday coming up next month and I need a card of course.


  • Card base is a value pack 5" x 6.5" note card.
  • Front layer is from K & Company Brenda Walton Madeline paper pack.
  • Grass cut from Zooballoo at 1.5" from Stampin Up Old Olive. Used Stampin UP Wild Wasabi to ink grass.
  • Tulips cut from Walk In My Garden at 4.5" from Stampin Up Old Olive for stem and leaves and K & Company Brenda Walton Madeline paper pack for the flowers. Used Stampin Up River Rock and Memento Angel Pink to ink stems, leaves and flowers.
  • Lady bug cut from Walk In My Garden at 2" from generic J's black card stock and Stampin Up Real Red. Used StazOn black to ink.
  • Mary cut from All Mixed Up at 1.5" from Stampin Up Old Olive. Shadow cut at 1.5" from Chocolate Chip.
  • Inside of card is layered with K & Company Brenda Walton Madeline paper pack and generic tan card stock. Used Stampin Up River Rock and Stampabilities Brown to ink.
  • Happy Birthday cut from Zooballoo at 1" from K & Company Brenda Walton Madeline Paper pack

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to challenge yourself and to use your carts! And a very cute card you got out of it too ;0)

    ReplyDelete