Monday, June 22, 2009

How Time Flys

I can't believe its been almost a month since I have posted. I really want to try to keep up with this. So my mid-year resolution is to post at least 3 times a week. Hopefully I can keep a mid-year resolution better than a New Years resolution. So here is an up date to what has been going on for the last month.

June 7th Yeah a Birthday Party.

David had a birthday party to go to for his half sister Ella. She turns 3 on June 13th. This was kind of weird for me as I really have to relationship to Ella. Her mother and I were both in love with the same man, who didn't really feel the same with either of us. I just have to count my blessings that I had almost 14 years with him and David had 12 years with him. Amanda (Ella's mom) only had a few short years with him. I feel the worst for Ella, who will never even meet her father. But enough of this. Here is a picture of the birthday card I made for Ella.



Here is the inside of the card




June 14th NASCAR

Yes I'm a NASCAR Fan. Jason and David started a tradition of going to the Michigan International Speedway Fathers Day race. When ever I could I would join them even though Jason and I had not dated for years and years and years. (I swear we were like best friends as long as we did not try to have any kind of relationship) Well since Jason died a few years ago, I have been taking David each year. This year the race landed on the weekend before Fathers Day. David said he didn't care if we went but I didn't want to brake tradition. So I bought the tickets and we spent the day there.
Kid Rock was the Grand Marshall. David was so excited about that.

June 20th Baseball and Fathers day dinner

I was able to get David into a Baseball clinic in Grand Rapids held by the Major League Baseball Allumni Association. Although David says he did not learn anything new, he did get to meet and work with retired major league players. At least half of them had played with the Detroit Tigers at one point in there careers. At the end the kids were given tee shirts and baseballs. They were able to have an autograph session with the instructors. I think this was Davids favorite part.





Agh... I don't know why I can't get this picture right. Oh well I will leave it here for now but will continue to try to fix it.

At first I was going to take my father out to dinner on Fathers Day. But my brother could not make it so I changed it to Saturday. As it turned out Dear Old Greg couldn't come Saturday either. So David and I took my dad out to dinner on Saturday anyway. (oh I also included mom as well...Love you Mom). I didn't make a card this year. I had bought one last year when I wasn't making cards and forgot to give it to him (hey...he knows that I love him dearly). So I gave the card to him this year.

I also made a couple cards over the weekend. But I've been doing this post for an hour now. So I will post pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment