Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #106

So this was a sketch from a few weeks ago over at The Sweetest Thing blog. Just like the one I posted yesterday, I rotated the sketch 90 degrees counter clockwise. Plus this was another card that went together really well. It sure is nice to have a couple of these go so well. The circles are from Mini Monograms and the bird on branch is from the Songbird cardtridge. This really only had a shadow feature, so I cut the base in brown, green and mauve {or whatever color this is...lol}. First I used the green, then added the brown minus the leaves and finally I cut the bird off just above his legs and attached to the brown. It was suprisingly easy to layer.


Thank you for taking a peak at my blog,
Valerie

1 comment:

  1. saw this post on the cricut MB. Love this cartridge and did a whole set of bird cards for xmas gifts this past year. Love how you worked in the background, I always do the same old thing..... great card - yes i wish you could cut out pieces/layers for the birds.....

    ReplyDelete