Tuesday, June 30, 2009
So needless to say, I will not be able to post any new cards this week. What a bummer. Hope anyone who reads this has a wonderful 4th of July weekend. Happy crafting.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Wow my second award (on the same day as the first)
I would like to thank MissBliss for giving me this blog award.
The rules for the award are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 thins about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreative Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 you nominate.
7. Leave a commnet on each of the blogs, letting them know they hae been nominated.
And my special nominations are to these 7 sites. Please click on the link in their name to check them out.
Ok so 7 interesting things about myself.
1. I really had a hard time coming up with 7 things (now only 6)
2. I'm a really shy person
3. I am a Twilight fan (not too obsessed though)
4. I'm in love with Harrison Ford
5. I'm a Detroit Tigers Fan - Go Brandon Inge
6. I go to at least one NASCAR race per year - Go Dale Jr.
7. I hoard craft supplies - I have a really hard time using them when I know they are no longer available and I can't buy more. (I think this sounds almost pathetic instead of interesting)
I really enjoyed visiting everyones sites. There are so many talented people out there and I can't wait to find some more.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
The orignial design has a red square above the peliquin with a "50" to symbolize a 50th birthday. I will probably use this a birthday card as well, but left this blank for now until I make a final decision.
My first entry was based on sketch number 2. I used Hello Kitty for the kitty of coarse, Jasmine for the photo corners and Celebrations for the tag. I used lots of stickles on the Hello Kitty, Glitter glue (from who know were) for the photo corners, and flowers and brads from Hobby Lobby.
My second entry was based on the first sketch. I used Life is a Beach cart for the two helms, anchor and "Anchors Away" inside the card. I used George and Basic shapes for the squares on the front. I used red, white and blue gel pens to accent the whole card and blue ink on the red and blue rectangles layering the inside of the card.
My third entry was based on the third sketch. For this I used Storybook for the Butterfly and sentiment. The card base is Stampin Up cardstock and the designer papers are from K&Co. The brads are all Spare Parts from Hobby Lobby.
Monday, June 22, 2009
June 7th Yeah a Birthday Party.
Yes I'm a NASCAR Fan. Jason and David started a tradition of going to the Michigan International Speedway Fathers Day race. When ever I could I would join them even though Jason and I had not dated for years and years and years. (I swear we were like best friends as long as we did not try to have any kind of relationship) Well since Jason died a few years ago, I have been taking David each year. This year the race landed on the weekend before Fathers Day. David said he didn't care if we went but I didn't want to brake tradition. So I bought the tickets and we spent the day there.
Agh... I don't know why I can't get this picture right. Oh well I will leave it here for now but will continue to try to fix it.
At first I was going to take my father out to dinner on Fathers Day. But my brother could not make it so I changed it to Saturday. As it turned out Dear Old Greg couldn't come Saturday either. So David and I took my dad out to dinner on Saturday anyway. (oh I also included mom as well...Love you Mom). I didn't make a card this year. I had bought one last year when I wasn't making cards and forgot to give it to him (hey...he knows that I love him dearly). So I gave the card to him this year.
I also made a couple cards over the weekend. But I've been doing this post for an hour now. So I will post pictures tomorrow.